loading player ...
ITV News Three hospital patients die after being given sandwiches contaminated with listeria | ITV News
Channel ITV News
Three hospital patients have died after eating pre-packaged sandwiches contaminated with listeria, Public Health England have said.
Two of the patients died at Manchester Royal Infirmary. The third death happened at Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
In total, six hospital patients who were seriously ill at the two hospitals contracted listeria from the sandwiches.
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust said it "offered our deepest condolences to the bereaved families". It added the sandwiches came from the patient menu and the ones that may have been affected have been withdrawn.
• Subscribe to ITV News on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2lOHmNj
• Get breaking news and more stories at http://www.itv.com/news
Follow ITV News on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/itvnews/
Follow ITV News on Twitter: http://twitter.com/itvnews
Follow ITV News on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/itvnews/
Category: Health, Manchester, Staffordshire, Food, Hospitals, Listeria,